In our own facilities, we bolster an ongoing commitment to continuous sustainable improvement. Our Valley Go Green Sustainability Team is a cross-functional volunteer team, comprised of dedicated individuals who work to reduce the environmental footprint of Valley operations.
Current Sustainable Methods
- Solar energy to power our 95,000 sf warehouse 2019-2020 installation
- Energy consumption reduction in all warehouses through the use of on-demand cycles for refrigerant
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Water-efficient fixtures and furnishings that reduce water usage
- Reusable pallets and RPCs
- Recycling of paper products with a bailing machine
- Plastic and non-organic waste separation/recycling
- Online ordering to reduce paper use via fax and email
- Electronic transmission of customer statements
- Limited use of printers with gray color and double-sided default settings
- Encouragement of carpooling, biking, and train commuting
- Valley shuttle opportunities for pickup and dropoff
- Utilization of biodegradable solvents and cleaners by Valley’s Sanitation Crew
Safe and secure sourcing is our goal.
For more than 100 years, Valley has been dedicated to supplying the finest products to our customers. We recognize that Valley feeds families who deserve the highest level of trust, placing food safety at the core of everything we do. We recognize that Valley is only as successful as our customer’s experience, which is why we prioritize safe, reliable distribution.
Valley’s perspective on “being in business” goes beyond the simple focus of being a profitable distributor and extends into the role of being a responsible and respected corporate citizen. To achieve this end, Valley strives to act as a constructive community member by helping those who are less fortunate.
Valley’s team members demonstrate a shared commitment to supporting our community through high engagement with the following service programs.
- Annual Blood drive with City of Hope
- Christmas toy drive with Toys for Tots
- Walk for Hope with City of Hope
- Thanksgiving food drive with Food Forward